Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]

От Melanie
Тема Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]
Дата
Список pgsql-www
I'm just curious, since so many of you have such deep roots in this
project,  are portal pages for anyone who requests a rub in the face for
organizations that have a long commitment and feed money into the
community for development?

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> Well, I'm still desperately unhappy with the concept that all it takes
>>> to get listed on that page is a request from someone who's not even
>>> known in the community.  At the *minimum* we should have some kind of
>>> commitment to push updates promptly (especially security ones) ...
>>> which probably means someone from that group joining pgsql-packagers.
>>
>> I am not sure this is even relevant honestly. Its a portal page just as
>> google is a portal page. The ability for a project/company/person to
>> maintain the software they have listed is up to them not us.
>
> Yes, but then they should have their own web pages.
>
> Quasi official releases should be the source release and all
> packagings that follow the pgsql-packagers routine and policies.  That
> we have pretty good control over.
>
> Everything else is just someone's random stuff, and while I have no
> issue with that being listed somewhere on the web site, it should be a
> separate page from the quasi official releases.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]
Сообщение: Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]