using virtualization to run turnkey appliances on Windows

От Liraz Siri
Тема using virtualization to run turnkey appliances on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Mike,

Using virtual machine software such as VirtualBox (which is free),
Microsoft Virtual PC (which is also free for use) and VMware you can
easily install TurnKey PostgreSQL into a virtual machine that can run
anywhere, including Windows.

Maybe you should try that...

Cheers,
Liraz

Pagel, Mike wrote:
> Some of us have to use Windows XP so how about providing a nice, easy to install and use version for windows and then
Icould convert from MySQL.

> Have a look at how easy it is to install MySQL and use.  No need to build or compile anything.  It just works.
>
> I've downloaded PostgreSQL and finally there is a windows version but I'm still confused on how to install and use.
Itried to download a Solaris version this weekend but the all the options on the SUN website had me downloading a
versionof solaris as well as PostgreSQL.  I all ready have Solaris installed!  Even then, the installation seemed
convoluted. It's 2009 already, just install the program and let me get back to work instead of forcing me to be a Sys
Admin.

От: Liraz Siri
Сообщение: adding postgis support to turnkey postgresql
От: Liraz Siri
Сообщение: high-availability support for turnkey appliances (for turnkey postgresql and others)