Re: Updatable Views - DEFAULT doesn't inherit from table???

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Updatable Views - DEFAULT doesn't inherit from table???
Дата
Re: Updatable Views - DEFAULT doesn't inherit from table???  ("Richard Broersma" <richard.broersma@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Csaba Együd wrote:
> Hi,
> I have problems with inserting rows into an updatable view through it's
> insert rule.
[snip]
> But in the table definition I defined DEFULT=(-1) for this field. What's
> going wrong? Shouldn't it inherit these settings from the table?

Maybe, but it doesn't (and I think I've seen someone arguing it
shouldn't). You can manually apply constraints/defaults etc. to the view
though. I can't recall if you do ALTER VIEW view_products_1 or ALTER
TABLE view_products_1, but it's one of them.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd