Re: Patch for "Panel for Joins in the Graphic Query Builder"

От Ashesh Vashi
Тема Re: Patch for "Panel for Joins in the Graphic Query Builder"
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Luis & Guillaume,

Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
Luis Ochoa a écrit :
On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 6:13 AM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com <mailto:ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>> wrote:

(...)
Now I publish a list of what I think will be useful functionalities on the GQB if someone desiree to contribute:
1. Add Subqueries, this probably requeries multiples tabs for query.
While working on joins, I thought the same that we're missing subqueries and functions in Graphical Query Builder. :(
But, I think - it requires a lot of design change.

2. Add Support to composite types.
3. Add a new skin for the graphics probably with a scroll on right and showing always all the columns (fixed at top) but the other columns can be move up/down with the scrollbar (an option can allow to choose between this and old graphics). And each table have a minimize (shrink only to table title),restore and remove from query button just as a window in a graphical operative system.
4. Add Save/Load functionality (probably xml).
This could be a very interesting one. :)

Ashesh and Luis,

Sorry for not being available to test and comment, I'm on holidays for the week. I just had time to test Dave's commit. I'm really impressed by the quality of the Graphical Query Builder. It's a really great addition to pgAdmin.

Here are some more stuff to add:

5. Adding columns myself which could be the result of a function (count(*) is the first one to pop on my mind, but user functions would be great to... all I ask for is a simple textbox to enter what we want).

6. Adding a user function in the ordering tab.
Also thought about missing functions in column & ordering tabs.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashesh