Re: Patch for "Panel for Joins in the Graphic Query Builder"

От Ashesh Vashi
Тема Re: Patch for "Panel for Joins in the Graphic Query Builder"
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Luis,

Luis Ochoa wrote:
(...)

By the way Ashesh as I notice you know the tool I'm going to make you some commentaries:

I have been thinking a way of adding the group by and having operators to the GQB to basically allow the user to create more complex queries, but I'm not sure about the correct user interface to do this task, I think that group by can be as the ordering tab and the having tab can be as the criteria tab. Do you have any suggestions?
I think - you're right. :)
* GROUPBY & HAVING could be implemented the same way, we did for ORDERBY & CRITERIA respectively.

And about the join panel as I told you I was thinking that if the user select one join should be an easy option to change the query type like a floating toolbar with button with the join types that will be show near the selected join. What do you think about this?
I was also thinking about this option.
* One way is - we create a toolbar near the join for changing the join-type.
* And other is - we enable the UP/DOWN keys to change the join-type, while join is selected. But, the problem with this is - this feature will not be directly visible to users, and they won't be able to use until they experienced it. :(

So, I am thinking to go for the option one only.
I will send a patch for it when time permits.
I have something else in my plate on priority basis for right now. :(

Thanks & Regards,
Ashesh

Сообщение: Re: Patch for "Panel for Joins in the Graphic Query Builder"
Сообщение: Re: Patch for "Panel for Joins in the Graphic Query Builder"