Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>
>> I think there needs to be some easy way to choose an option which
>> yields a configuration similar to what we've had in recent
production
>> releases -- something that will start up and allow minimal testing
on
>> even a small machine.
>
> But that's the goal of what comes out of initdb already; I'm missing
how
> that is something this script would even get involved in.  Is your
> suggestion to add support for a minimal target that takes a tuned-up

> configuration file and returns it to that state, or did you have
something
> else in mind?
Perhaps I misunderstood some earlier post -- I had gotten the
impression that initdb was going to use this utility for the initial
postgresql.conf file.  If that's not happening, then you can ignore my
last post as noise, with my apologies.
-Kevin

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
От: "Robert Haas"
Сообщение: Re: In-place upgrade: catalog side