Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Ron Mayer wrote:
>
>> OTOH there tends to be less DBA time available to tune the smaller
demo
>> instances that come&go as sales people upgrade their laptops; so
>> improved automation would be much appreciated there.
>
> I have a TODO list for things that might be interesting to add to a
V2.0
> version of this tool.  I just added an item to there for extending
the
> tuning model usefully into working on systems with smaller amounts of
RAM.
> I'm not opposed to the idea, just don't have any background doing
that and
> I'm trying to stay focused on the more common big-machine problems
for the
> first release.
I think there needs to be some easy way to choose an option which
yields a configuration similar to what we've had in recent production
releases -- something that will start up and allow minimal testing on
even a small machine.
It also occurred to me that if initdb is generating its initial
configuration with this, some special handling might be needed for the
"make check" runs.  It isn't unusual to want to do a build and check
it on a production server.  If the generated configuration used in
regression tests is assuming it "owns the machine" there could be a
problem.
-Kevin

От: "Vladimir Sitnikov"
Сообщение: Re: contrib/pg_stat_statements 1202
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: In-place upgrade: catalog side