Re: Linked server query problem

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Linked server query problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Anderson, Steven wrote:
> I have SQL Server 2005 that is linked to Postgresql  8.3.1-1

Upgrade to the latest version in 8.3 at your soonest convenience.

> The following query does not work
>
> SELECT id FROM ALERT.novastar.[public].[point]
>
> Error:

> "SELECT "Tbl1002"."id" "Col1004" FROM "novastar"."public"."point"
> "Tbl1002""

What's this supposed to do? Is "novastar" a database name? That's not
going to work - you'll need to connect to "novastar" and select from
"public.point".

Are you using the MS-SQL "Linked Server" feature? I've never tried it
with non-MS targets.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd