Re: how to update 400 000 register not at the same time?

От Shane Ambler
Тема Re: how to update 400 000 register not at the same time?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
John Dizaro wrote:
> I Have um very big table with  primary key and all i nead.
> When i update same register from this table it comes sj=low.
> Can i Update all my  400 000 register not at the same time? By steps?
>
> Thanks

Yes - provided you can come up with a definite way to separate your
records into smaller groups.

Use a WHERE clause in your UPDATE -

UPDATE mytable SET col3=56 WHERE col1 IS BETWEEN 1 AND 10000
UPDATE mytable SET col3=56 WHERE col1 IS BETWEEN 10001 AND 20000

Of course you need to beware that it won't speed things up and you could
run into having other users looking at some old rows at the same time as
some updated rows.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: JOIN results of refcursor functions
Сообщение: Re: JOIN results of refcursor functions