Effect of stopped status collector process

От Siddharth Shah
Тема Effect of stopped status collector process
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

    I have started to explore PG,
I have found pgstat.stat file taking too much write hits.
As my need to deploy on flash based storage. I don't want higher I/O's
To stop status collector process I have change postmaster.c by removing
calls of pgstat.c
Now every thing is working fine, Status collector process is not initiated ?

Any drawbacks for not writing pgstat.stat ?
Is there another way to achieve this or
Will this create any problem like If pgstat.c is initiating some data
structures
which is shared to postmaster.c or else part

- Siddharth.