Re: could not read block 77 of relation 1663/16385/388818775

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: could not read block 77 of relation 1663/16385/388818775
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Alexandra Nitzschke wrote:
> BTW... how about a block checksum that is checked just before writing
> a block and just after reading it? I know this would degrade
> performance, but I think we can afford that. Would it be possible to
> incorporate such code without having to do too much patching?

oracle has had an option for some time that uses read/only page
protection for each page of the shared buffer area...   when oracle
knows it wants to modify a page, it un-protects it via a system
call.     this catches any wild writes into the shared buffer area as a
memory protection fault.