Re: pgAdmin error

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pgAdmin error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dave Page wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 6:35 AM, David <lists@theflorys.org> wrote:
>> I am trying to use pgAdmin 1.8.4 to edit the pg_hba.conf file on a
>> PostgreSQL 8.3 database running on  Ubuntu 8.10.  I get the following
>> error message:
>>
>> An error has occurred:
>>
>> ERROR: absolute path not allowed
>> CONTEXT: SQL function "pg_file_length" statement 1
>>
>> then...
>>
>> Backend Access Configuration Editor -
>> /etc/postresql/8.3/main/pg_hba.conf on Kepler...
>>
>> with a blank screen.
>
> Hmm - PostgreSQL won't allow us to access files outside of the data
> directory. iirc, it does that by insisting that all paths are
> relative, and don't contain ..
>
> I assume your data is not in /etc/postgresql/8.3/main - just your config?

That's the default location on debian. IIRC it also means that the
database server doesn't have write permissions on the files anyway, so
even if it allowed the opening of them it would not be possible to make
modifications from pgAdmin anyway.

Bottom line - you can't edit your postgresql configuration remotely on
Debian.

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: Postgres mail list traffic over time
Сообщение: Re: Postgres mail list traffic over time