Re: fmgr.h vs funcapi.h?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: fmgr.h vs funcapi.h?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> I was writing a simple standalone function compiled with pgxs - been a
>> while since I did that.
>
>> Including "postgres.h" and "fmgr.h", it didn't work - the backend would
>> complain that the function did not exist in the shared library.
>> Including "postgres.h" and "funcapi.h" *did* work - no complaints.
>
> I can't recall ever having had to do that.  Can you show a complete
> example (including the Makefile you're using)?

Pah, ignore that. It was a combination of me working when I really
should've gone home, a connection pooler and somebody else working on
the same database.

Bottom line: it wasn't the change of fmgr.h that fixed it, it was the
fact that the backend was actually not restarted in the first test so it
had an old version of the shared lib!

D'uh. Apologies.

//Magnus