[Fwd: Re: return MAX and when it happened]

От Scara Maccai
Тема [Fwd: Re: return MAX and when it happened]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Can someone answer me? Or do I have to ask this in the hackers list?

I don't get from the docs: do I have to call

get_call_result_type(fcinfo, NULL, &tupdesc)

every time?

I mean: the only example I've found about returning Composite Types
talks about returning sets as well (34.9.10. Returning Sets). In that
example the get_call_result_type call is done once:

if (SRF_IS_FIRSTCALL())
{
  [...]
  if (get_call_result_type(fcinfo, NULL, &tupdesc) != TYPEFUNC_COMPOSITE)
  [...]
}

Should I do something like that in my function or that only applies to
function returning sets?
I'm calling it every time now but I don't know if it's right...