Re: Reopen logfile on SIGHUP

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Reopen logfile on SIGHUP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/10/2018 12:17 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 6:12 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> IOW, I think a fair response to this is "if you're using logrotate with
>>> Postgres, you're doing it wrong".
>
>> Well, the original post says that this is how the PGDG RPMs are doing
>> it on Debian/Ubuntu.  I wonder if that's due to some Debian/Ubuntu
>> policy or just a preference on the part of whoever did the packaging
>> work.  Anyway it's a little hard to argue that the configuration is
>> insane when we're shipping it.
>
> We, as in the core project, are not shipping it.

Well, yes we are at least from an external perception problem. The name
says it all, PGDG RPMs. They are either the official PostgreSQL.Org RPMs
or they aren't. If they aren't they shouldn't be called PGDG RPMs nor
should they be available from yum.postgresql.org and apt.postgresql.org
respectively.

Note: I am not advocating the removal of those packages. I am advocating
that the core project of PostgreSQL.Org in fact does ship those packages
and that is how people see it outside of our email silo.

JD

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****