Opening a recovering DB in for read-only access?

От Philip Warner
Тема Opening a recovering DB in for read-only access?
Дата
Re: Opening a recovering DB in for read-only access?  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Sounds somewhat evil, I know, but I was wondering if it was even
remotely possible with the current design?

The reason: we are contemplating using pg_standy to create a
warm-standby. It would be a bonus if we would run read-only queries
against this DB to take some of the load off or production servers.

We currently use slony to provide warm-standby *and* read-only access,
but pg_standby is a great deal more appealing...especially if there was
some way to do read-only access at the same time.

FWIW, the data would not even need to be completely consistent ... the
kinds of things we are looking at offloading are large summary-type
sequential scans of big tables.

Tel: (+61) 03 5330 3171          |                 _________  \
Fax: (+61) 03 5330 3172          |                 ___________ |
http://www.rhyme.com.au <http://www.rhyme.com.au/>
GPG key available upon request.  |  /                                |/

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Replay attack of query cancel
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1197)