Re: example of really weird caching (or whatever) problem

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: example of really weird caching (or whatever) problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Brandon Metcalf wrote:

> OK.  I understand the Perl part of what is going on.  What I don't
> understand is why $table in do_delete() hangs around.  It seems this
> is more a characteristic of how triggers work in pgsql.  At any rate,
> I appreciate the input since it provides me with a fix.

Because it will persist until either:
1. "sub do_delete" expires
2. the whole perl interpreter expires (which then implies #1)

Your trigger function will be "compiled"* just before it is first called
and will then exist until #2 above happens (when you disconnect). Since
your trigger function exists, that implies do_delete continues to exist
which means its version of $table continues to exist. It really is
exactly like that example script I attached, where the "exit" equals
database end-of-session.

* ok, perl is technically interpreted, except of course it isn't really,
and I don't know what a better term than compiled would be.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: example of really weird caching (or whatever) problem
Сообщение: Re: example of really weird caching (or whatever) problem