Re: VACUUM cannot be executed from multi-command string

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: VACUUM cannot be executed from multi-command string
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Sabin Coanda wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I upgrade "PostgreSQL 8.2.4 on i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC gcc.exe
> (GCC) 3.4.2 (mingw-special)" to "PostgreSQL 8.3.5, compiled by Visual C++
> build 1400".
>
> I found the new Postgres version doesn't allowed to run a script file which
> contains multiline statements, which was working at the previous version.
> Trying to do it I get the error:
> ERROR:  VACUUM cannot be executed from a function or multi-command string

> Can anybody help me to find a solution with the new vacuum constraint,
> without loosing the performance ?

Not without seeing the bit of the script causing problems.

How/why are you executing vacuum from your function / multi-command
string. I don't see why you have a multi-command string in a script.

--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: