Re: return MAX and when it happened

От Scara Maccai
Тема Re: return MAX and when it happened
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sam Mason wrote:
> Do you really want the SUM of num1 and num2, because that makes it more
> fiddly and would be where having MAX accept a record/tuple would be
> best.  If you don't, maybe something like:
>
>   SELECT DISTINCT ON (date_trunc('day', mydate))
>       date_trunc('day', mydate), num, num1+num2
>     FROM mytab
>     ORDER BY date_trunc('day', mydate), num DESC;

Unfortunately, I need:

- the SUM of some values, grouped per day
- the MAX of some other value, grouped per day
- the timestamp where the MAX above happened (per day, of course)

The "num" columns are events, and sometimes I need to know not only the
amount of a certain event per day, but also WHEN the MAX of some event
happened...

I guess I have to use a Composite Type (something like "numeric,
timestamp") + user defined aggregate?