Re: return MAX and when it happened

От Scara Maccai
Тема Re: return MAX and when it happened
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sam Mason wrote:
> Why not just do:
>
>   SELECT * FROM mytab
>   ORDER BY num, mydate
>   LIMIT 1;
>
> If you're trying to do more complicated things, DISTINCT ON may be more
> useful.

Well you guys are right; the problem is that the query is actually more
complex, I tried to simplify it for the question, but ended up with a
trivial question...
Let's see if this example is better:

CREATE TABLE mytab
(
     num integer,
     num1 integer,
     num2 integer,
     mydate timestamp
);

select MAX(num), SUM(num1)+SUM(num2), date_trunc('day', mydate) from
mytab group by date_trunc('day', mydate)

but I also want the timestamp where MAX(num) happened for each day.