Re: How does Postgres decide if to use additional workers?

От luis.roberto@siscobra.com.br
Тема Re: How does Postgres decide if to use additional workers?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
De: "Thorsten Schöning" <tschoening@am-soft.de>
Para: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org>
Enviadas: Terça-feira, 9 de fevereiro de 2021 12:52:02
Assunto: How does Postgres decide if to use additional workers?
So, based on which facts does Postgres decide if to use aadditional
workers or not? Can I see those decisions explained somewhere? I don't
see anything in the query plan. Thanks!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thorsten Schöning

Hi!

I think you should look into min_parallel_table_scan_size and min_parallel_index_scan_size  GUCs.