Re: Problem with pg_restore into new database

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Problem with pg_restore into new database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mr. John wrote:
> but on the server is no database called _struct_fis_
> err_resto.txt file contents only "0".
>
> If I add     -d
> @echo off
>  "pg_restore.exe"  -h 192.168.1.1 -p 5432 -U postgres -d "_struct_fis_" -C -v "stru.tar"   2>>log_resto.txt
>  echo %errorlevel% >err_resto.txt
>
> error is "1" and log file  :
>
>    pg_restore: connecting to database for restore
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] connection to database "_struct_fis_" failed: FATAL:  database "_struct_fis_" does not
exist
> pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

I'm not sure I understand your problem fully, but this is because you
are trying to connect (-d ...) to database _struct_fis_ before it's
created. Connect to a database you know exists (template1 or postgres
for example) and then let the restore create the database.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd