Re: PATCH for CREATE DATABASE with COLLATE, CTYPE & CONNECTION LIMIT

От Ashesh D Vashi
Тема Re: PATCH for CREATE DATABASE with COLLATE, CTYPE & CONNECTION LIMIT
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave Page,

Thanks for the inputs.
I will send the updated patch.

Regards,
Ashesh

Dave Page wrote:
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Ashesh D Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

If you want, I can make it visible for all the version of PostgreSQL and
make it disabled for not supported version of PostgreSQL.
* COLLATE & CTYPE should visible for PostgreSQL 8.4.
* CONNECTION LIMIT should be visible for PostgreSQL 8.1 & later.
(I may forget to ask you to use embed-xrc.bat  on windows. :( )
If not, I will have to look into the patch. :(
Yup, as a general rule we disable controls for versions of Postgres
that doesn't support them - we don't make the invisible. There are two
reasons for this - to make the presentation of dialogues to the user
consistent (some could change quite considerably otherwise), and to
avoid layout issues caused by having multiple possible designs.

And a question: why do you limit the connection limit to 1000?

Nobody asked to me to limit it to 1000.
For sack of it, I have done it, actully I was looking for input from you
all.
What do you say?
Yeah, I'd set the limit to the bounds of the datatype used in the
catalogs, or that PostgreSQL will accept if thats a lower value
(despite the fact that may seem ridiculously high).