Re: Brittleness in regression test setup

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Brittleness in regression test setup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> So even if I configured my local scripts to use ports that are all
> different from each other and from 65432, this problem would still exist.

Only if you choose the private port to be above 9999. The standard
buildfarm config file contains a warning against using such ports for
exactly this reason. Is using a private 4-digit port terribly difficult
for you?

> So, also,
>
> 2a) It has an undocumented hardcoded default port.
>
> Any thoughts on how to fix this?

a) document it

b) make it a lot noisier if it falls back on 65432.

cheers

andrew