Re: libpq-events windows gotcha

От Andrew Chernow
Тема Re: libpq-events windows gotcha
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> And it's not even
> clear to me that it fixes the problem: wouldn't you get two different
> handles if you supplied the internal and external addresses of an
> eventproc?

Both #1 and #4 suffer from this issue, internal & external register
methods.  They also require the same WARNING in the docs.  But, #1
solves the instancedata lookup issue.  I am not trying to make a case
for #1 but it does appear to have a narrower failure window.
> libpq has to deal with generating the handles
Well lock; if(not_in_map) handle = ++counter; unlock surely won't be to
difficult ;-)
> (threading issues here)
There is no unregister, so the idea won't lock/unlock in high traffic
routines.

> On the whole I vote for #4 out of these.

Okay.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: SQL5 budget
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard