Re: failed test float8 on mingw

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: failed test float8 on mingw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> Do earlier versions work if built on this machine? Like 8.3-latest? My guess
>> is that it's something in mingw or the environment rather than pg, but let's
>> confirm that before trying to track down what..
>>

> actually seems there's something wrong with environment... (MinGW:
> 5.1.4; msys: 1.0.10; gcc: 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3))
> mmm... that r3 doesn't like me...
>
> 8.3, FAILED same test
> 8.2, FAILED too

Hmm. So which parts of that differ from the buildfarm boxes that *do*
work, and why :-( I wonder if we're back to trolling mingw-cvs for
incompatible changes yet again...

> 8.1 doesn't even compile and give this error

This is known. It was a fix applied after 8.1 became unsupported on
Windows. Since mingw has a tendency to change their header files
incompatibly every now and then...

> Something i forgot to mention, because it doesn't seems related, is
> that i had to manually include ntsecapi.h in security.h mingw's
> library

There's a patch floating around for that somewhere as well. Once again,
they changed their includes files incompatibly...

//Magnus