Re: Duplicated docs on libpq parameters

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Duplicated docs on libpq parameters
Дата
Re: Duplicated docs on libpq parameters  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Any reason not to just have the environment variable documentation refer
>> back to the connection option documentation?
>
> Well, not all of 'em are connection options.
>
> I could see documenting the connection options more like the
> GUC-variable options, ie a few words and a reference to the underlying
> option.  Or is that what you meant?

Well, I was mostly thinking like:
PGSSLMODE This corresponds to the <link>sslmode</link> connection option.

Then for those that aren't connection options, we'd keep the full
description. I'm not advocating we remove the whole chapter, just the
duplicated stuff. (I assume we can make the link above go directly to
the description for the option?)

//Magnus