Re: archive command Permission Denied?

От Jason Long
Тема Re: archive command Permission Denied?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
Jason Long <mailing.list@supernovasoftware.com> writes:
I got this error
/usr/sbin/sendmail: Permission denied
So I guess I need to allow the use of sendmail.

How is postgres running the command different from my doing it as the
postgres user or cron running as the postgres user?
SELinux treats it differently: programs that are run as
network-accessible daemons get locked down to do only what the SELinux
policy says they should be able to do.

This is not unreasonable --- if someone managed to crack into your
Apache server, for instance, you'd be really glad that they weren't able
to use the breach to spam the world from your machine.

However, if you want your Postgres server able to do things not listed
in the SELinux policy for it, you'll need to adjust that policy.  Or
disable SELinux ... but I don't really recommend doing that if your
machine is at all exposed to the internet.
		regards, tom lane
You were dead on.  That was it.  I disabled SELinux and it worked.  Thank you very much for your advice.
Thank you for your time,

Jason Long
CEO and Chief Software Engineer
BS Physics, MS Chemical Engineering
http://www.octgsoftware.com
HJBug Founder and President
http://www.hjbug.com

Сообщение: Re: Current log files when rotating?
Сообщение: Re: Current log files when rotating?