Re: plperl needs upgrade for Fedora 10

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: plperl needs upgrade for Fedora 10
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>>> What about the MakeMaker dependency?
>>>

>> The call to ldopts will fail if MakeMaker is not present, so this will
>> cover it. It's very unlikely to be absent - it's required to build
>> almost every Perl module known to man.
>>

> I see.  I think then the error message should read something like
>
>     AC_MSG_ERROR([could not determine flags for linking embedded Perl
> This probably means that ExtUtils::Embed or ExtUtils::MakeMaker is not
> installed.])
>
> Otherwise, looks good.

OK. Should we backpatch this? Arguably it's a build bug.

(Also it would be good if someone were to whisper in the ears of the
Fedora people that removing ExtUtils::Embed entirely from their Perl
packaging is a dumb thing to do. This is a standard Perl module, that
one would normally expect to accompany every Perl distribution.)

cheers

andrew