Re: Short CVS question, history

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Short CVS question, history
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dirk Riehle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a short CVS question please: How do I go from a particular file
> revision like
>
> pgsql/cvs/pgsql/src/backend/parser/parse_relation.c.1.3
>
> to the complete commit? I.e. I would like to navigate back from this
> particular file to the commit and see all the other files that were
> touched by the commit.

CVS isn't very good at this. As Tom Lane noted, your best bet is to do
it by checking a narrow time window around the time the file of interest
was changed. If commit activity isn't too high this is generally just fine.

This is one of the (many) problems with CVS that Subversion solves. Not
that it solves all of them, mind you.

--
Craig Ringer