Re: archive command Permission Denied?

От Jason Long
Тема Re: archive command Permission Denied?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
I wrote:
That's just bizarre.  The permissions on the script itself seem to be
fine, so the only theory that comes to mind is the server doesn't have
search (x) permission on one of the containing directory levels ...
Oh, wait, I bet I've got it: you're using a SELinux-enabled system and
SELinux doesn't believe that it's a good idea to let the Postgres server
execute something out of its data directory.
I am using Centos 5.2 and is looks like there is SELinux.  This is the first time it has caused me a problem so far.

 That would explain why the
other methods of executing the script work --- typical SELinux policy is
a lot stricter on network-exposed daemon processes than other stuff.

If that is what's happening, you'll find "avc denied" messages in the
system log that correlate to the archive failures.

I did not see anything like this in my logs.
The solution I'd recommend is putting the script someplace that's more
usual to store scripts.
I moved this inside the postgres data directory.  I will post back the results.  If this does not work I will have my Linux consultant have a look.  Thank you very much for the advice.
You might be able to do something with changing
the "security context" on the script file instead, but I'm not sure
exactly what to change it to.