Re: The suppress_redundant_updates_trigger() works incorrectly

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: The suppress_redundant_updates_trigger() works incorrectly
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> writes:
>> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> Wouldn't this omit comparing the null bitmap?
>
>> Oops, I added the comparison of null bitmap here.
>
> That's really, really ugly code.  Why would it be necessary anyway?
> Shouldn't the security tag be expected to match?  I suppose that it
> should be possible to alter a security tag with UPDATE, and that means
> it cannot work the way OID does anyway.  In a sane implementation the
> field would already be valid before the triggers fire.

OK, I'll put a code to preserve it somewhere prior to triggers fire.
# Maybe, ExecBRUpdateTriggers()

However, I wonder if the oid field should be also preserved at same
place, not inside a specific trigger function.
What is your opinion?

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>