Re: plperl needs upgrade for Fedora 10

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: plperl needs upgrade for Fedora 10
Дата
Re: plperl needs upgrade for Fedora 10  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Pavel Stehule wrote:
> postgres=# select version();
>                                                  version
>  PostgreSQL 8.3.4 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc
> (GCC) 4.3.2 20080917 (Red Hat 4.3.2-4)
> (1 row)
>
> postgres=# CREATE LANGUAGE plperlu;
> ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql8.3/lib/plperl.so":
> /usr/local/pgsql8.3/lib/plperl.so: undefined symbol: boot_DynaLoader
> postgres=#

OK, I have got to the bottom of this. It appears that the Fedora people
have for some reason best known to themselves decided to stop bundling
the ExtUtils::Embed module with base perl, as it was before.

Once this module is installed plperl builds and performs just fine.

Maybe someone with Fedora connections could ask them why they would do
such an odd thing. It's not like they are saving a huge amount of space.

Meanwhile, I think we should make our call to it in the config file more
robust, so we detect the call failure.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: The suppress_redundant_updates_trigger() works incorrectly
Сообщение: Re: The suppress_redundant_updates_trigger() works incorrectly