Re: Spurious Kerberos error messages

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Spurious Kerberos error messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> I get the following display now when I connect to a non-running server,
>> all default settings:
>
>> psql: pg_krb5_init: krb5_cc_get_principal: No credentials cache found
>> could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>>          Is the server running locally and accepting
>>          connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
>
> Hmm ... a few of the buildfarm machines have failed like that too in
> recent days, but it's inconsistent (only one or two of the regression
> tests fail that way, typically).  Does yours fail always?

Nothing has changed about when it fails, only the extra krb error
message before the usual error messages (could not connect, server is
starting up) are new.  This probably has something to do with Magnus's
work on concatenating rather than hiding error messages across multiple
passes.

I see this on Mac and Linux, so it should be reproducible with any
Kerberos-enabled build.