Re: Questions on logical replication

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Questions on logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/6/24 15:19, Koen De Groote wrote:
> I'll give them a read, though it might take a few weekends
>
> Meanwhile, this seems to be what I'm looking for:
>
>  From
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/warm-standby.html#STREAMING-REPLICATION-SLOTS
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/warm-standby.html#STREAMING-REPLICATION-SLOTS>

> " Replication slots provide an automated way to ensure that the primary
> does not remove WAL segments until they have been received by all
> standbys, and that the primary does not remove rows which could cause a
> recovery conflict
> <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/hot-standby.html#HOT-STANDBY-CONFLICT> even when the standby is
disconnected."

> I'm reading that as: "if there is a replication slot, if the standby is
> disconnected, WAL is kept"
>
> And if we know WAL is kept in the "pg_wal" directory, that sounds like
> it could slowly but surely fill up disk space.
>

> But again, I'll give them a read. I've read all of logical replication
> already, and I feel like I didn't get my answer there.

It would be a good idea to provide an a fairly specific outline of what
you are trying to achieve, then it would be easier for folks to offer
suggestions on what to do or not to do.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: PG16.1 security breach?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PG 14 pg_basebackup accepts --compress=server-zst option