Re: TIME column manipulation/comparison hangups

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: TIME column manipulation/comparison hangups
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/11/2008 19:01, Bill Moran wrote:

> It seems as if EXTRACT() will work, but it sure feels hacky
> to do:
>
> (extract(hours from now()) = extract(hours from time_column)
>  AND
>  (extract(minutes from now()) = extract(minutes from time_column)

I'd have thought that this was the correct way to do it. Anyway, you
could encapsulate this in a function to make re-use easier (the
following hasn't been tested):

create function is_same_minute(time with time zone, time with time zone)
returns bool
as
$$
  select
    (extract(hours from $1) = extract(hours from $2))
    and
    (extract(minutes from $1) = extract(minutes from $2));
$$
language sql;

Ray.

rod@iol.ie