Re: Specific user does not require password for postgres

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Specific user does not require password for postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/11/2008 16:21, Serge Fonville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed PostgreSQL 8.3.4 on Windows Vista Business Edition.
> My currently logged on user is the only user that does not need to
> specify a password when running psql -U postgres

What happens if you log in as a different user and then try to connect
as the original user using -U <username>?

Also, is there any chance that you've already connected using pgAdmin,
and saved the password? - this causes the password to be saved in a
.pgpass file, so you wouldn't be asked for it again when logged inas
that user.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie