Re: Date data type

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Date data type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mike Hall wrote:

> I'm currently converting an MS Access database to PostgreSQL (version 8.1 as it is the vesion that ships with CentOS
5).

What version of Microsoft Access are you using? I haven't seen this
issue with Access 2007, which I've been forced to use in a recent
project. It actually seems to have some idea what NULL is and use it
vaguely appropriately.

What ODBC driver version are you using?

Is the data type in the linked table shown as being declared of type
DATE too?

What type of field is bound to the linked table? A proper date field, or
a free-form text field? Does it default to null, or to the empty string?

--
Craig Ringer