PostgreSQL in-place upgrade Git repository is ready to play

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема PostgreSQL in-place upgrade Git repository is ready to play
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all In-place upgrade fans,

David Fetter (thanks) configured  Git repository for me and I put all patches
into it. Currently you can start play (of course not on production database :-).

Current version of in-place upgrade supports only select with "small" limitation  - indexscan on index with varlena
encodedfield core dump.

I use mercurial for development and I migrate all changes to git. It seems that
all patch transition to git repository are OK.

You can find repository here:

http://git.postgresql.org/?p=~davidfetter/upgrade_in_place/.git;a=summary

and you need also pg_upgrade.sh

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/sfw/usr/src/cmd/postgres/postgresql-upgrade/

I will soon put pg_upgrade.sh into git as well.
Any feedback is welcome
    thanks Zdenek

--
Zdenek Kotala              Sun Microsystems
Prague, Czech Republic     http://sun.com/postgresql