Re: Yet another infrastructure problem

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Yet another infrastructure problem
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> That counter-argument is crap as well. People will 'learn what they need to
> help'? This is a volunteer project, so the more barriers we put in front of
> people, the less that will get done. While homogeneity of servers can be a
> good thing from a sysadmin perspective, expanding the pool of potential help
> can be as well.

I learned FreeBSD very much against my will for this project. I use PHP
very much against my will for this project. I use Docbook SGML very much
against my will for this project. I use CVS very much against my will
for this project.

There are plenty of things that I think are plain outright dumb that
this project does. However, because I want to contribute to this project
and it is what the project (regardless if I agree) has deemed will be
done, I do.

>> So can we just put on the Wiki that this is the way it is? That way the
>> next time it comes up, we just point.
>
> Next time can we send a message to -announce and -general letting people
> know the website, cvs, wiki, and pgadmin are going to be down? I think that
> was one of the most annoying aspects of this whole incident.

Well I certainly can't argue with that.

Joshua D. Drake

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Yet another infrastructure problem
Сообщение: Re: Yet another infrastructure problem