Re: minimal update

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: minimal update
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Kenneth Marshall wrote:

>>> Agreed --- I was hoping someone could improve on that part.  The only
>>> other words I could come up with were "empty" and "useless", neither of
>>> which seem quite le mot juste ...
>>>
>>>             regards, tom lane
>>>

>> redundant?
>>

> I think I like this best of all the suggestions -
> suppress_redundant_updates_trigger() is what I have now.
>
> If there's no further discussion, I'll go ahead and commit this in a day
> or two.

Nitpicking, but you have:
+    <para>
+       Currently <productname>PostgreSQL</> provides one built in trigger
+       function, <function>suppress_redundant_updates_trigger</>,

Should we perhaps mention the fulltext triggers (with the appropriate
links) here? If it's intended to be an authoritative list of the
"userspace" triggers we ship, I think that may be a good idea.

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: autovacuum: I need some explanation
Сообщение: Re: autovacuum: I need some explanation