Re: Multi CPU Queries - Feedback and/or suggestions wanted!

От Julius Stroffek
Тема Re: Multi CPU Queries - Feedback and/or suggestions wanted!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Simon,<br /><br /><blockquote cite="mid:1224662306.27145.204.camel@ebony.2ndQuadrant" type="cite"><blockquote
type="cite"><prewrap="">He is going to do some investigation in the methods and

write down the possibilities and then he is going to implement
When will this work be complete? We are days away from completing main
work on 8.4, so you won't get much discussion on this for a few months
yet. Will it be complete in time for 8.5? Or much earlier even? </pre></blockquote> The first guess is that the work
willbe done for 8.6. Dano is supposed to finish the work and defend his thesis in something a bit more than a year.<br
/><blockquotecite="mid:1224662306.27145.204.camel@ebony.2ndQuadrant" type="cite"><pre wrap="">Julius, you don't mention
whatyour role is in this. In what sense is

Dano's master's thesis a "we" thing? </pre></blockquote> I am Dano's mentor and we have a closed contact with Zdenek as
well.We would like the project to become a "we" thing as another reason why to work on the project. It seems to be
betterto research some ideas at the begging and discuss the stuff during development than just individually writing
somepiece of code which could be published afterwards. Especially, when this area seems to be of interest of more