Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?
Дата
Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?  (Ants Aasma <ants.aasma@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2024-01-20 at 13:48 +0700, John Naylor wrote:
> The above identity is not true for this haszero64 macro.

I see.

> I hope this makes it more clear. Maybe the comment could use some
> work.

Yes, thank you. I don't think we need to change the algorithm.

After having stepped away from this work for a couple weeks and
returning to it, I think the comments and/or naming could be more
clear. We first use the result of haszero64() as a boolean to break out
of the loop, but then later use it in a more interesting way to count
the number of remaining bytes.

Perhaps you can take the comment out of the loop and just describe the
algorithm we're using, and make a note that we have to byteswap first.
"Indeterminate" could be explained briefly as well.

These are minor comments.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis