Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3/29/19 3:01 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> But psql has safe escaping via :"xxx" notation. So some like
>
> psql -c 'create role :"role"' -v role='my role' ...
>
> But what I know the psql variables are not evaluated for -c query

You can do this:
echo "create role :\"role\"" | psql -v role='my role'
CREATE ROLE

echo "\password :\"role\"" | psql -v role='my role'
Enter new password:
Enter it again:

That said, this is kind of off the topic of this thread.
I like Tom's last suggestion of:

  pg_util <command> <options>

Of course that does not lend itself to symlinking for backward
compatibility, does it? If there is a way I am not familiar with it.

I guess the alternative would be an alias, but can packages install an
alias? Or something else I am not thinking about?

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com