Re: Withdraw PL/Proxy from commitfest

От Martin Pihlak
Тема Re: Withdraw PL/Proxy from commitfest
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing wrote:

> In my brief reading of SQL-MED spec I could only find info on defining
> FOREIGN SERVER and FOREIGN-DATA WRAPPER and nowhere in these could one
> define connection parameters like username and password.

It is cleverly hidden. The CREATE SERVER and CREATE USER MAPPING take
generic options (list of key/value pairs). These can be used for
defining the actual connection to the remote server.

From http://www.wiscorp.com/sql_2003_standard.zip "4.4 User mappings":

"A user mapping is an SQL-environment element, pairing an ...
... The mapping is specified by generic options defined by the
foreign-data wrapper."

and "13.3 <user mapping definition>":

<user mapping definition> ::=   CREATE USER MAPPING FOR <specific or generic authorization identifier>   SERVER
<foreignserver name> [ <generic options> ]

regards,
Martin