Re: Not able to connect clients

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Not able to connect clients
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 15/10/2008 05:48, Vrushali Khavnekar wrote:

> * Have you edited ph_hba.conf to allow connections from the necessary
>  user and/or host? ---> No we have not edited "ph_hba.conf"
> file,because we don't know what changes we have to make in this
> configuration files.

Hi Vrushali,

This more than likely your problem, so - the default pg_hba.conf allows
local connections, but disallows connections from other hosts. You need
to enter a line for the host from which you'll be connecting. There is
good documentation in the comments in the file itself, as well as in the
PostgreSQL documentation:
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/client-authentication.html

Can you show us what error you get when trying to connect? - If the
problem is with pg_hba.conf, you should have got a message to that effect.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie