Re: Year 2038 Bug?

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: Year 2038 Bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David E. Wheeler napsal(a):
> On Oct 13, 2008, at 11:22, Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>
>> PostgreSQL 8.4 uses 64bit data type for time. But if you use system
>> timezone then you can get in trouble if system does not support 64bit
>> zic files.
>
> I've never noticed a problem with the TZinfo database that ships on
> systems I've used. How would I know that there was a problem? What sort
> of trouble could I get into?

when you use --with-system-tzdata and run make check on head it fails on
systemes without 64bit tzinfo support.
    Zdenek

--
Zdenek Kotala              Sun Microsystems
Prague, Czech Republic     http://sun.com/postgresql

От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: Year 2038 Bug?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: There's some sort of race condition with the new FSM stuff