Re: TODO item: adding VERBOSE option to CLUSTER [with patch]

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: TODO item: adding VERBOSE option to CLUSTER [with patch]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>>> Short of actually running an ANALYZE, I'm not seeing a good way to
>>> derive the same number it derives.
>
>> Well we could print the _old_ value at least.
>
> +1 ... seems an appropriate amount of effort for the likely value.
That seems fine for sortedness, but am I the only one who would like
the verbose mode to show the bloat reduction?  Essentially, an INFO
line to show the same information you could get by bracketing the
CLUSTER with a couple SELECTs:
ccdev=# select pg_total_relation_size('"DbTranImageStatus"');pg_total_relation_size
------------------------                253952
(1 row)

ccdev=# cluster "DbTranImageStatus";
CLUSTER
ccdev=# select pg_total_relation_size('"DbTranImageStatus"');pg_total_relation_size
(1 row)
-Kevin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: TODO item: adding VERBOSE option to CLUSTER [with patch]
От: Kris Jurka
Сообщение: Re: There's some sort of race condition with the new FSM stuff