Re: pg_upgrade: convert on read is dead end

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: pg_upgrade: convert on read is dead end
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> I expect that function cannot get toast pointer. It can get only
> detoasted attributes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A function is passed a raw datum, which can be toasted. Now, practically
all functions call one of the PG_GETARG_* macros that detoast the datum
before doing anything else, but there is also PG_GETARG_RAW_VARLENA_P
macro that returns the toast pointer. Although, grepping through the
source code suggests that it's not actually used anywhere.