Re: multi recordset and data type check was: Re: PL/pgSQL stored procedure returning multiple result sets (SELECTs)?

От Vladimir Dzhuvinov
Тема Re: multi recordset and data type check was: Re: PL/pgSQL stored procedure returning multiple result sets (SELECTs)?
Дата
Ответы Re: Re: multi recordset and data type check was: Re: PL/pgSQL stored procedure returning multiple result sets (SELECTs)?  (Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@webthatworks.it>)
Re: Re: multi recordset and data type check was: Re: PL/pgSQL stored procedure returning multiple result sets (SELECTs)?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi Ivan,

> It seems anyway that the usefulness of this feature largely depends
> on the language library.
> eg. I can't see a way to support it with php right now but it is
> supported by python.
> Am I missing something?

Yes, the client library will have to support multiple result sets too.

For example, the PHP MySQLi lib does that by providing functions to
check for and retrieve outstanding result sets in the buffer:

bool mysqli_more_results  ($link)

bool mysqli_next_result  ($link)

It seems like the PHP PG binding does allow (?) retrieval of multiple
result sets through pg_get_result(), but only for requests issued
asynchronously:

http://bg2.php.net/manual/en/function.pg-get-result.php

> Out of curiosity, what language are you using?

For MySQL I've been mostly using PHP, occasionally Java, Python and C.

Vladimir

--
Vladimir Dzhuvinov * www.valan.net * PGP key ID AC9A5C6C

Вложения